Earning Extra Income Through Advertisement
There are many ways to make money on your website, and advertising is
one effective way to generate lucrative funds. If you have a website,
then you should probably take advantage of it by placing advertisement,
as long as the advetisement does not interfere with the browsing of the
visitors to your website.
There are three main types of advertisements which you can feature on
your website to generate additional income:
- Pay per impression ads - each time an ad is shown on one of
your web pages, you get paid. With this type of ads, you are looking
at $0.02-$0.05 per ad.
- Pay per click ads - you get paid each time a visitor to your
website clicks on one of those ads. These ads generate $0.10 - $0.25
- Affiliate programs ads - those are ads that appear on your
website for which you get paid a commission if a user buys something
as a result of clicking on the ad on your web page. The commissions
could range from a few cents to hunderds of dollars, depending on what
you are advertising. If you select your affiliate programs carefully
and promote them well, you can make generous commissions from them.
If you plan to use ads on your website, here are a few tips to help you
- To generate revenue through ads, you need to attract traffic to your
website. The more people come to your website, the more ads will be
displayed, and the more money you will make.
- Publish a free newsletter that contains information interesting to
your website visitors. A newsletter will keep you in touch with your
visitors and will give you an extra medium to publish the advertisement.
- Don't be greedy. Too many ads on a page is a turn-off for your visitors.
Stick to one or two ads per page.
- Select your advertisement companies well. Go with reputable firms
only. Many people have spend a lot of effort promoting ads and ended
up not being paid because they went with unknown companies that refused
to pay them. Commission
Junction is a website where you can signup for various affiliate
programs and get paid for all under one check.
- Use targetted advertisements. Advertise only those products and services
that visitors to your website would be interested in. It doesn't make
sense to advertise camping equipment on a stock trading website.
Clickz Today - Various
information about online advertising
Junction - Your one-place stop for accessing and signing up for affiliate
adbility.com - One
of the largest directories of advertisers and affiliate programs
Selling - Building Revenue on the Web by Greg Helmstetter & Pamela
The Affiliate Game by Declan Dunn